Last night something went funny with the water in my home. I am not sure exactly what or why but something was wrong with it. The water left a sticky film on the body that no amount of soap or scrubbing could remove for more water was needed to wash it all off. It was disconcerting and I…
Back in 2009 a Swedish filmmaker made a film documenting a lawsuit in which Dole (yes, the fruit company) was accused of using chemicals to spray on their banana crops which they knew were harmful to human/workers health. These chemicals, manufactured by Dow Chemical, were pulled off the market by…
I like the fact that my favorite minimalist blogs summarize at the end of the year. Worth reading. Go read the whole article or dive right in to Leo’s best posts:
- Shaken by Life’s Beauty, Shaken
- The 39th Lesson
- A Guide to Eating a Plant-Based Diet
- A Primer on Full-Screen Living
- How to Live Well
- The Habit of Starting
- Crazy Talk: The Do-What-You-Love Guide
- Creating Silence from Chaos
- Be Inspired
- The Tiny Guide to Being a Great Dad
- Empty-Handed, Full-Hearted
- The Pause Upon Which All Else Relies
- The Beginner’s Guide to Unschooling
- The Way of the Peaceful Parent
Here’s another of my favorite minimalist blogs. Click on the link to read the whole thing. To get a taste of it, here’s the top 2012 posts as determined by readers:
- Don’t Just Declutter, De-Own.
- 7 Common Problems Solved by Owning Less.
- The Simple Guide to a Clutter-Free Home.
- The Man Who Quit Money: An Interview with Daniel Suelo.
- 10 Creative Ways to Declutter Your Home.
Joshua’s personal favorites:
- We’re All Trading Our Lives for Something. Trade Up.
- Why Helping Others Succeed Can Be Your Greatest Success.
- 35 Things I Hope My Kids Will Say About Their Dad.
Here are the most popular posts by guests:
For 2013, I would like to suggest that you subscribe to Joshua’s newsletter. Worth it.
I recently received some tea samples in the mail. One of the packages is called Berry Berry. “Yum!” I thought, “this sounds delicious.” And then I read the ingredients: Hibiscus, Elderberries, Currants, Natural Flavors.
Hold the phone. What the $%#@ does Natural flavors mean?